A good digital reputation goes a long way in boosting business online and offline. A Harvard Business School study finds that, when companies increase their Yelp rating by one star, they increase their revenue by 5 percent to 9 percent. XAmplifier, too, finds a direct correlation between the average online ratings of our clients and the number of inquiries they receive.
Digital reputation is undeniably important for any company with its eye on the bottom line. Luckily, there are a few things every company can do to improve their digital reputation:
- Work on your customer experience. XAmplifier research shows that a positive customer experience can improve customer satisfaction, even when the product or service falls short of the customer’s expectations. Companies that focus on improving their customer experience, as much as their product or service, see a more rapid increase in online rating.
- Solve your customers’ issues. According to the White House Office of Consumer Affairs, dissatisfied customers who get their issues resolved tell between four and six people about the experience. If you solve your customers’ issues, they’re more likely to leave positive feedback.
- Respond to positive reviews. When you take the time to show each customer how much you appreciate the positive review, you build brand loyalty. Other customers are also more likely to post a positive review if they know you read and respond to reviews.
- Respond to negative reviews. Negative reviews can contribute to your digital reputation by boosting authenticity and building trust with consumers. Respond to them promptly and professionally. A good response (a) apologizes for the customer’s bad experience, (b) offers a solution and (c) reassures potential customers that your company values customer service.
- Ask your customers to leave a review. If you don’t ask, you will not have the opportunity to amplify positive feedback and turn those customers into advocates or mitigate negative reviews with a helpful response and build relationships with those customers. The customers who leave negative reviews might care about your business even more than you think, because they took the time to give you feedback. That feedback is invaluable, because it allows you to improve.
All of the above, and more, fall under the umbrella of digital reputation management. To improve your digital reputation and boost revenue quickly, hand over the reins to the experts at XAmplifier.
Our management system lets you monitor, compare and measure review performance across platforms and locations in a single dashboard that allows you to engage reviews from a single interface. Get started by filling out a contact form!